There is sweat slowly crawling from under my watch's wrist band and beading up on my laptop. My boofy hair is going to have to go. Socks are for old people and athletes. You have to be crazy to drink anything hot, and Asian food is only hot if you are Asian here. No one else can take the heat. For 2 days the pool has been closed because of algae and the ocean has been overtaken by painful blue bottle jelly fish. [see attached picture] Apparently it happens every year, and it's only for about one week. Let's hope so. It's like some sort of painful joke by the temperature gods.
I've been really sick for the past 3 days with a nasty sinus infection that was made horrible because of the heat. Yesterday, I went to go see Benjamin Buttons because it was the longest movie at the movie theater. Yup, I went there just for the air conditioning. I got there 20 mintues early, and watched almost all of the credits at the end. I was going to soak in every second of the 3 hours and 5 minutes running time of that epic movie. Pretty good movie too.
I like to go to work because we have ice, and a cool room. My breaks are spent almost exclusivly sitting on a milk crate drinking OJ in the cool room. Other suckers have to go out back in the sun to smoke their cigs. Boo ya. Thats all the anti-smoking adverts need to say over here, none of this lung cancer stuff. Just say "you gotta sit in the sun on your work break."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment