Thursday, September 18, 2008

Come Ride The Train!


Choo Choo! Photos by Anna.

I think this picture is super creepy, but Anna was all about it.


Sushi train that is. Awww yeah! Before tonight I had never been to a sushi bar/restaurant that had the conveyor belt of tasty rolls that just stream by you. To further authenticate the moment, I successfully used chop sticks and didn't embarrass myself by squishing the rolls, thereby loosing control of the roll and having it fall and create a soy splash tidal wave. I felt quite a sense of accomplishment. Marc's sister picked Anna and I up and drove us into a neat part of the city that I never even saw my first time here. It was trendy, and alive and colorful...unlike the Brisbane I came to know during my first stay here. It definitely turned my perception of the city around in one car ride and sushi train. Choo Choo.

My bus to Byron Bay leaves at 1pm Friday (tomorrow). AH! I'm ready for it though. I'm ready to settle a bit. This backpacking life is a bit stressful. I am so grateful to be in Marc's house on a comfortable couch with a 'clean' shower and most of all: not be paying for it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey buddy..."throw another shrimp on the barbie" (except i bet australians never actually say that) hope all is going well and i miss you more then life itself!

Unknown said...

yay! have fun finding your new home!!