Sunday, March 22, 2009

Post Tasmania

My last night in Tamania under the full moon. That's my bike box all wrapped up in trash bags next to my tent. It was supposed to rain, but never did...thankfully.
Tamar Wine Region, North of Launceston.
Late afternoon on the rocky shore of the Tamar River wine region just North of Launceston Tasmania.
All my gear come the last day.
Nothing special except the saaaweet name of the bridge I camped under. This one goes out to Mr. Brandon S. Shore
Penny Farthington bike. This statue is in the town of Evandale, which holds the annual Penny Farthington race through town. Somthing like 50 international contestants entered this year, including a few dudes from the US. woo woo.
-----

So, I am back in Byron Bay now- and leaving again on Tuesday. I'll be moving to Melbourne to find some work and save money before Thailand in June. Wooo!

Maria came to visit over the last week, and we had a blast! We went to a hikes that led us to some amazing waterfalls, got attacked by leeches and walked through a few sections of rain forest.

The trip around Tasmania ended up clocking in around 1300kms over 32 days with 4 flat tires. Successful first touring trip. I am already itching to go back out and do another trip somewhere else now. I'm thinking about riding around the South Island of New Zeland some time in July or August. I could go for someplace a little flatter though. Bah. No such luck in the South Pacific I guess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah.. i definitely lead the blog in shout-outs so far

Ms. T. said...

So I've be reading the blog for a few months now. I'm finally de-lurking. Anyways, have an incredible time in Thailand. I'm totally envious. Think you could find a good vegetarian recipe for Pad Thai for me?? Hugs from DC!

Michelle and Evan