
My lovely flat-mate from Poland, Karolina, says that she is mad at me because I never write about her on my blog. So here goes. Special K, as we call her, is a whole lot of fun and full of foul language and polish expressions that are sure to amaze even the most experienced sailor’s mouth.
For the past 2 years Karolina worked for the super luxurious #1 low airfares airline in Europe, Ryanair. I’ll try to put a picture up of her… at work. Haha, right. Crazy Europeans. OK, that should do for your shout-out, Special K. If anyone else feels neglected in my blog… be sure to let me know. I’ll post embarrassing pictures of you- or maybe tell a funny tale.
I went to Scarborough Beach here in Perth a couple of days ago. Nick and Mike were already there, suited up in their super-narly (how do you spell that in surfer terms? Not like, gnarl- like growl- right?) wetsuits ripping up some sick swells. The waves were absolutely beautiful blue-green with white foam that crawled up the shore just to our feet. The non-surfy’s just laid out and busted a beach-chill for the day. Its about time the weather is hot enough for the beach. Australia was making me nervous for a while. I though when I came here, it was going to be like 90degrees everyday, and really sunny. I never really took into consideration that we arrived in the middle of their wet/winter season. It’s a very mild cold though, and most days from about 12-4pm its in the 70’s. So, I should probably just stop complaining. I’ll write more about the amazing weather when its extra cold and rainy at Elon. SUCKAS!
I’ll be home to Richmond and Elon in one week for my brother’s wedding! I get into Greensboro Friday morning, and Im going leave Monday afternoon. So catch me while I’m there Elon’ers. Woo hoo!!
I’ll put a pic of Brandon and Katie (my soon-to-be sister-in-law). Weird! I’ve never had a sister. I hope that she bakes me cookies and stuff. Is that what sisters do? Hum. Well, I’ll be sure to fart on her, and shoot her with water guns and stuff- so she feels like we are connected on the siblings level.
No comments:
Post a Comment