Saturday, February 28, 2009

More pictures - St. Marys to Launceston

Def. click and enlarge to see this bike. It is a tandem recumbent TRIKE with 2 front wheels, one back wheel, and then a 2 wheeled trailer. Pulled by a 60 year old couple. Those are solar panels on the top... you know... to charge the li/ion battery to power the 'asistance' motor. They said it was just for big hills. Mmmm hum...
Lilly Dale Waterfalls. We were camped out just a 5 minute walk from these falls in the forest. Really peaceful.

Blueberry pickin! It was $4.50/kg if you picked your own. So we did. We picked and ate berries for way too long. mmm. Man was that good. I finished my sack of berries today. For the metric + aussie conversion... just think for $3 US Dollars, we got a shoe box full of organic berries.


Tara climbing to the top of a HUGE hill. Photo doesn't do it justice. I wish you could see our faces after that one. Phew.



(above) Riding into the start of the Tasman Rainforest 2 days after we left Sam's house in St. Mary's. As promised by the name, it was raining quite a bit. My feet kept slipping out of the pedel straps and then I'd have to get off the bike and re-strap in and ... ugh. Rainy hilly beautiful all at once.









(below)looking preeetty gay in this shot. Tara tells me that maybe it is the flaming helicopter jersey and the way I am standing. I would have to agree.





1 comment:

MariaJean said...

Your beard looks great.