

July 25, 2006
Who knew that Curtin University is 80% international? Damn. You really start to get the feel for that as the campus begins to come to life again. The past two weeks here, its been pretty dead- as students have been on a 3 week ‘holiday’. I would say that conservatively, the campus is 50% Asian. I guess that makes since with us being so close to…well… Asia. Humm.
Sometimes I feel like Western Australia is really technologically advanced, but sometimes I feel like its stuck about 1990. OK, here is my justification… when was the last time you saw that Bic pen that I posted a picture of? The dual color pen, with the ‘double clicky’ action? Yeah. I know. Fuckin’ 1990. Do they even sell those in the states anymore? However, professors here send you text messages instead of emails all the time. For instance, my buddy James (ninja photographer) got a text from his advisor saying “Astronomy cancelled. Meet with me asap.” Weird as hell, right? I think its neat, but just… strange. It bridges that weird gap where like you’re not sure if your teachers are real people or not? Like when you see your teachers out in public, its always so weird.
I straightened my hair yesterday. I’ll post pictures when I get them from Maggie. Heh. I look like a Japanese rock star. So I should fit right in…
I miss my 4runner. Oh, and the title comes straight from Anna's mouth.
2 comments:
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»
Post a Comment