
Now that I’ve been in lovely Perth for a good bit, I can start posting my pictures. I didn’t want to just put up silly ones of oh say, Nick in a luggage cart, or Nate having sex with a kangaroo. Eh, what the heck I'll put those up too.
Students from Elon, Kalamazoo, Simpson (and Wes and Kaitlin) all were clearly blow away after our trip to Yanchep Camp, which is about an hour North of Perth. Or maybe that’s south to you guys in America? I don’t know.
Day One: BRRRR.
Nothing really says “Australia” like staying in a creepy and nearly dilapidated house exquisitely decorated with all of this year’s Christmas lights and streamers. Oh it gets better. After a fifteen minute battle to get my bent key into lucky room #8, I discovered that it, too, had perhaps been decorated by a color blind person from 1900. Sea foam green, turquoise and red really warmed the place right up. Actually, no, no it didn’t. Nothing could warm up the 2 degree Celsius mornings at Good ol’ Yanchep. You know what might have helped? A HEATER…ANYWHERE. ANYWHERE AT ALL!
Day Two: Aboriginal acid trip
We all gave surfing a shot the first morning, thanks to the mates over at surfschool.com. It went pretty well I guess, seeing as most of us have never even given it a shot before. That day turned…well, weird as hell right around 2pm. That would be when we first met our akward axe maker, Rafeki (I cant recall his real name). He demonstrated how to make a lovely bag out of kangaroo hide, or even how to turn shit + tree sap into glue! Also we got to see first hand some one play the digery do. Essentially a digery do is a big hollow tree branch about a 4 feet long that you make fart noises into, and you get this neat outer space noise. I’m telling you: Australia is like in the future, man.
I wouldn’t really say the day took off until we went over to the Aboriginal dance/music/story telling section of Yanchep. Lucky for my group we got Simba (again, no idea on real name) the awkward dancing stoner from god knows where. He made some bad jokes and wore a loin cloth. That’s all I really care to reminisce about him. Oh, and he was a local at the pub in the prestigious Yanchep Inn.
Day Three: OUCH.
OUCH. Two hours on a camel with chronic diarrhea and an attitude problem was not exactly my idea of a good time. I don’t think camel rides were really anyone’s idea of a good time come to think of it.
Luckily the MVP’s of the day, Ms. Anna Tolner and Ms. Maggie McHarris took on the challenge like champs. All of the camels were tied together like in a prison chain gang, but camels. Shelly (from Kalamazo) and I were on Seeka -- the aforementioned camel from hell with irritable bowel syndrome – but at least we weren’t behind him, like our MVP’s. Not only did they suffer the rank smell of camel butt for tow hours, but Anna was constantly being violated by Michael and Maggie’s Camel: Jabootie. Incase your wondering that’s pronounced just like it looks: JA-BOOTY.
I think that’s enough adventures from the week for this post. I’ll make sure to write about having fun with kangaroo’s soon. Later yallz!
2 comments:
Ha, you didn't find the hidden blankets then...gold coins for us.
I slept great!!!
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»
Post a Comment