Taken by James Mickley - Kalamazoo
Thanks Curtin University for your overwhelming technology know-how, and ability to keep the internet running approximately NEVER. I am writing this post in Word, and I guess it will find its way to the internet someday when my internet returns to its rightful owner (that’s me).
We checked out some Aussie rules football today in Perth. That shit was crazy! Basically the sport a combination of the following sports in order of their relevance to aussie-ball: Football, Rugby, Soccer, Basketball, [the fights from hockey], and bob sledding. Well, maybe not bob sledding. These blokes threw the ball around at a million kilometers [miles] an hour, and aimed for 4 huge posts. I cant even begin to explain how the scoring works. The only thing I really got into were the BADASS fights. There are no ejection rules in this crazy Aussie football, so the brawls were abundant. We’re talking headbutting, punching, kicking, shoving. Oh word. It was sweet. I believe that Ted got some of it on video? I don’t know, but it was excellent.
We finally have all 6 of the room mates living in flat 41 now. Aussie Aaron arrived today, drunk as hell. “Sunday sessions” are the big thing here in WA. A Sunday session is basically getting as drunk as you can starting at 2:30 on Sunday afternoon, and up until 6:30 Sunday night. Only four sweet hours to get smashed. Don’t worry- people seem pretty good at it. Clearly Aaron is a large proponent of the Sunday Sessions. He brought a PS2 to go along with our rented TV that’s about $15USD a month. So now we don’t have to buy a DVD player. Nice.
*side note* forget my space heater. That thing sucks
Orientation week officially starts tomorrow (Monday), so it will be fun to be like a freshman all over again. Only like one activity per day- so that leaves lots of time to do nothing at all. Ahhh, yes- I <3>


1 comment:
I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»
Post a Comment